openoffice-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [Wiki] Corrupted page
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2014 18:17:27 GMT
I'm seeing it corrupted just now using Windows 8.1 and IE 11.  About 2 hours ago, I saw it
just fine.

This is not a character-set encoding issue.  It is being served as UTF8 and it does not improve
if I change the encoding in my browser.

It strikes me as a compression failure, since there is no meaningful text recognizable among
the non-rendered codes.  If I view source, there are no headers.  Since we're forcing https
on the Wiki it could also be an encryption problem in SSL/TLS.  It could also be that the
.Z filename is tripping up some browsers in conjunction with whatever the headers are.

I did a wget on the URL and I obtained the HTML of the page just fine.  When I changed the
TEST.Z file name to TEST_Z.htm after getting a copy on my machine, I could open the page in
my browser locally (although the images are not present).

With a wget -E --save-headers 
Command on the URL I get this:

	HTTP/1.1 200 OK
	Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2014 18:02:51 GMT
	Server: ATS/3.2.0
	X-Powered-By: PHP/5.3.10-1ubuntu3.15
	X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
	Content-language: en
	Vary: Accept-Encoding,Cookie
	X-Vary-Options: Accept-Encoding;list-contains=gzip,Cookie;string-contains=wikiaooToken;string-
	contains=wikiaooLoggedOut;string-contains=forceHTTPS;string-contains=wikiaoo_session;string-
	contains=wikiaooLanguageSelectorLanguage
	Cache-Control: s-maxage=18000, must-revalidate, max-age=0
	Last-Modified: Fri, 05 Dec 2014 13:02:51 GMT
	Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
	Content-Encoding: x-compress
	Age: 0
	Via: http/1.1 ooo-wiki2-vm.apache.org (ApacheTrafficServer/3.2.0)
	Via: 1.1 wiki.openoffice.org
	Keep-Alive: timeout=5, max=100
	Connection: Keep-Alive
	Transfer-Encoding: chunked

	<!DOCTYPE html>
	<html lang="en" dir="ltr" class="client-nojs">
	<head>
	[ ... etc ... ]

It is unfortunate that lang=en is specified, but that should not matter for the handling of
UTF-8.

I suspect that this is a compression problem.  Either the file is not being compressed, so
decompression produces a mess, or there is some weirdness around the forcing of https.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: jan i [mailto:jani@apache.org] 
Sent: Friday, December 5, 2014 08:49
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org; oooforum@free.fr
Subject: Re: [Wiki] Corrupted page

On Friday, December 5, 2014, FR web forum <oooforum@free.fr> wrote:

> >Please be more specific.  What do you see as corrupted.
> Sorry for the lack of information
> I see this: http://hpics.li/970be1f

With safari on ipad ios8 I see the same, but it works with IE on windows8

rgds
jan i

>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@openoffice.apache.org
> <javascript:;>
> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@openoffice.apache.org
> <javascript:;>
>
>

-- 
Sent from My iPad, sorry for any misspellings.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@openoffice.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@openoffice.apache.org


Mime
View raw message