openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Roberto Galoppini <roberto.galopp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SourceForge and commercial ads - continued
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2014 07:50:00 GMT

> On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 5:04 AM, Roberto Galoppini <
> roberto.galoppini@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Actually none of our direct advertisers ask us to deliver similar ads,
> nor
> > we would allow them to do that.
> > Unfortunately advertising networks like Google allow that to happen, and
> > that's where the problem comes from.
> >

> Thanks for the info. At least we know who to blame.
> I wrote the above under the assumption that Sourceforge ran its own online
> adverts network.

I was just providing some context, we are responsible for what is displayed
on our site, no matter how ads get there.

I'm happy to tell you that our AdOps have been doing a great job over the
last days, identifying new approaches that so far are working fine. We're
reviewing daily what is displayed on openoffice pages and we'll keep a
close eye on this matter.

Thanks,

Roberto