openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Herbert Duerr <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Very simple first patch
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2014 08:08:10 GMT
On 14.11.2014 01:04, Kay Schenk wrote:
> On 11/13/2014 03:10 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> On 13/11/2014 Michal Hriƈ wrote:
>> [...]
>>> It is a update of external package :)
>>
>> And here is a problem, but it doesn't depend on you. Policy so far has
>> been: we download build-time dependencies from the Extensions site and
>> from Apache Extras.
>
> Can we get a memory refresher on why we can't use the svn versions of
> these external sources directly?

David Fisher wrote in [1] that he removed them because "fallback urls to
svn are now removed as per Infra policy". I guess the revision control
server that is so very critical to so many ASF projects should not be
impeded by the download of such large third-party tarballs.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=r1377529

> [...]
> It seems like the testing from the new SourceForge are is going pretty
> well...
>
> http://markmail.org/message/4p3klhqkkvszmwav
>
> Maybe time for some additional testing from:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/oooextras.mirror/files/
>
> I'll make local changes and test with this as new OOO_EXTRAS area.
>
> Who would have rights to update these files on SF?

The sourceforge ooextras.mirror project currently has only one
administrator [2].

[2] https://sourceforge.net/u/sf-editor1/

Herbert