openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Link broken on Help Wanted confluence page
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2014 17:17:57 GMT
If you can get server logs specific to openoffice.org, there are many tools that will summarize
404s and indicate what each distinct URL was and how many times that URL has been attempted.
 I expect Infra knows best, maybe for CWiki too.  Aren't there AOO admins for the MWiki?

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Weir [mailto:rob@robweir.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2014 07:57
To: marketing@openoffice.apache.org
Cc: dev@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Re: Link broken on Help Wanted confluence page

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 4:53 AM, Antoine Chevrier
<1antoinechevrier1@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all.
> On the page Help Wanted
> <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Help+Wanted> of
> ApacheOpenOffice confluence space, the link inside the top introduction
> section - link called "14 Ways to contribute .../..." - goes to a 404 page.
> I can't help for fix it. But maybe somebody of this list could.

Thanks, I fixed that, replacing with a link to another copy of that
same article.

This sounds like an area that we could/should automate, identifying
broken links.  Does anyone know of a good tool for this?

I also noticed quite a few outdated references to incubator-era
resources, e.g., ooo-dev mailing list, incubator versions of the
website, etc.   We fixed these old references in the static part of
out website by simply grepping the source files.  Is there any similar
way to find these in CWiki/MWiki?

-Rob