openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schmidt <joe...@j-m-schmidt.de>
Subject OpenOffice lost again 6000 users (was: Improved OOXML support?)
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2014 05:54:40 GMT
Hello,

> From: Andreas Säger [mailto:saegerei@t-online.de]

> Being a customer, I do see things differently.
> Every OOXML file is a vote against ODF.

theoretically correct, but practically?

> One day in future LO will save ODF as a secondary
> option.

Possible.

But where is the problem? Either OOXML *is* ISO standard or is not ISO-standard.

If the problem is however that MS is 'meddling' in the standard, then it is a political issue
that requires policy responses - not a question of software development.

> Finally MS wins

There is no tomorrow (or "finally") for it - MS wins today.

For example:
http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Berliner-Finanzaemter-wechseln-zurueck-auf-Microsoft-Office-2430961.html

> MS comes up with the next shit

life is not a pony farm and competition is not a throw with cotton balls. It is about the
competition and we have to face, and not whine.

Greetings,
Jörg