openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: English dictionary (Re: 2015 -- Our 30th Anniversary)
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2014 06:36:31 GMT
On 28/10/2014 Alphonso Whitfield III wrote:
> Wrong answer.The end user should not have to fix anything it should
> work when the product is downloaded or the application should not be
> included in the download. It worked without difficulty prior to the
> latest version being released. I sent true end users to download the
> software , they downloaded the software and the spell check
> dictionary did not work. This damages our credibility as an
> alternative solution to pay for products that are available. What is
> the timeline for the download to be corrected?

Of course it's a bug (OpenOffice does not deliberately break the user
profile) and it was deeply investigated and presumably fixed some time
back, but once your profile is corrupted you can't fix it by
reinstalling or updating OpenOffice: you need to reset your profile. I
already sent relevant links and most of our Release Notes contain
instructions on how to fix the bug.

Regards,
   Andrea.