openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Tal Daniel <tal.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Statistic data per single country
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2014 11:02:47 GMT
On Sep 7, Rob Weir wrote:

> On Sep 7, Tal Daniel wrote:
> > Thanks Rob for the detailed download statistics. The CSV is very useful
> for
> > the English version, though it's less detailed for localized versions).
> >

> The detail should be the same for the localized versions as well.
> Where it gives numbers by platform and by version, this is for all
> languages together, not just English. Then you have the columns for
> total downloads per day by language.

Exactly, not that important, as I can get statistics from SourceForge too,
if I'm that picky with the data.

> The transition from version to version is interesting, I agree.  Where
> it happens quickly, say in 1 or 2 days, it shows that we coordinated
> everything well, and had the website, update notifications, 3rd party
> links to the downloads, etc., all changing over at the same time.
> But even then we still have many downloads of older versions.  This
> suggests that (maybe) there are some 3rd party links to our website
> still pointing to old versions.

That might explain that, while another reason could be developers
installing older versions on VM, for testing.
TODO(?) - move current version to an archive folder, upon release of newer
version (say AOO 5). That would make previous version links obsolete, and
maybe allow users to understand there's a new version, somehow.