openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Ankit Tekriwal <ankittekriwa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error while building AOO
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2014 06:44:49 GMT
Runing cmd *./configure --build=x86_64-pc-windows *gives the following
error:

checking whether configure is up-to-date... yes
*   Apache OpenOffice build configuration.                         *
*   The configure process checks your platform to see whether      *
*   you can build Apache OpenOffice on it.                         *
*   This process checks all pre-requisites and generates a file    *
*   containing the necessary environment variables.                *
*   Source this file after configure has ended successfully.       *
*   Warnings that are generated during the configure process       *
*   must be taken into account since it can be a reason for        *
*   an unsuccessful build of Apache OpenOffice.                    *

*   Checking the platform pre-requisites.                          *

checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /usr/bin/grep
checking for egrep... /usr/bin/grep -E
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... no
checking for awk... awk
checking for awk... /usr/bin/awk
checking for sed... /usr/bin/sed
checking for solenv environment... default
checking for custom pack.lst... no
checking build system type... x86_64-pc-windows
checking host system type... x86_64-pc-windows
checking target system type... x86_64-pc-windows
head: cannot open '/etc/*-release' for reading: No such file or directory
CYGWIN_NT-6.1 tekriwal-W7-3 1.7.32(0.274/5/3) 2014-08-13 23:06 x86_64 Cygwin
configure: error:  operating system is not suitable to build Apache
OpenOffice!

Is windows 64 bit not supported as the development environment?

Thanks,
Ankit