openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Add new basic shape in AOO
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2014 15:50:02 GMT
Hi Claudio,

Claudio Filho schrieb:
> Hi
>
> Thank you, Ariel and Regina, by the fast reply, but I not ask about
> the stencils in self,
> but about basic shapes that exist in the draw bar, like star, cloud,
> diagram pictures, etc.
>
> I believe that they are described in some XML inside the installation
> directory,

No, they are hard coded.

  but haven't
> idea where to find it. I found the descritor of buttons, like the
> button that you can choice
> the smiles, in %INSTALLFOLDER/share/config/soffice.cfg/modules/sdraw/toolbar/symbolshapes.xml.
>
> It point to .uno:SymbolShapes.<symbol>, but where is this uno?
>
> PS: if possible, add me in CC. I'm not subscribed in this list.

The existing custom shapes are based on the description in OOXML
standard and from there "translated" to the language of ODF custom shapes.

There exists currently no UI to generate own custom shapes and add them
to the toolbar. You have to write them in file format, open the document
then and drag them to the Gallery.

You will find a start for how to do it in
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Create_a_New_Custom_Shape_in_Source_in_File
But that is only a start, custom shapes have a lot more properties. You
can look at the section 10.6 in ODF1.2 specification part 1.
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part1.html

Have you ever written HTML or XML manually? Then writing a svg-graphic
will work as workaround too.

Kind regards
Regina