openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@oooes.org>
Subject Re: Bugzilla and help users
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2014 07:16:14 GMT
I dont think this is a good idea, I read a few reports and I find them
legitimately. Meaning some of those are well documented and agree that
they should be actually solved and fixed.

In the past there were complains about Bzilla not being used, and now
about being overused. I agree that if they are 'how do I do this...'
is something for support but crash reports seems to be a bit more
technical and legitimately a bug.

In the first case, I suggest to solved it, close it and send
instructions to the mailing list for further asistance.

On 8/21/14, Mathias Röllig <mroellig.news@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello!
>
>> Since a couple of days, we have plenty of reports from end-users.
>> Some people sent so many issues as by example: http://tinyurl.com/ker7vkj
>> For me, it must be posted on support forum or dedicated mailing list
>> users@
>> Maybe a phrase to warn end-users will be better?
>
> I want to close this mass mailings with the following text:
>
> ------
> This is the issue reporting system for Apache OpenOffice.
>
> For help in using AOO please ask at a user forum or a user mailing list
> in your preferred language.
> https://forum.openoffice.org/
>
> If other users can confirm that you find a problem located in the
> application, every reproducible bug report is welcome.
> https://www.openoffice.org/qa/issue_handling/basic_rules.html
> ------
>

> Can anyone correct my english? Maybe some changes/additions?
>
> Regards, Mathias
>
> PS: Please have also a look at my e-mail "Link to oooforum".

Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor