openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RELEASE]: final preparation for AOO 4.1.1
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2014 11:29:50 GMT
On 21/08/2014 J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:
> I plan the following email for 2:00pm today on announce@openoffice +
> announce@apache

I agree with the other proposed changes too, but I'm replying to this
message for easier quoting.

> ###
> The Apache OpenOffice project is pleased to announce the immediate
> availability of OpenOffice 4.1.1.  You can download it from our
> website [1].
>
> Apache OpenOffice 4.1.1 is a micro update with many useful bugfixes.

Besides the new wording, I recommend adding a direct link to the bug
list, or even picking a couple of them.

So something like:
   ---
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.1 is a micro update with many useful and critical
bugfixes including 2 security relevant fixes. Bugfixes include: better
compatibility with Microsoft Office files, better support for Mac OS X
gestures and scrolling, enhanced compatibility with Linux desktop
environments. A full list of the 88 issues fixed in this release can be
found at http://s.apache.org/AOO410-solved
   ---
(this would also fit well in the Release Notes, probably, as something
between the link only and the full list).

> With 3 additional supported languages AOO 4.1.1

OpenOffice 4.1.1 [it's our trademark]

> increases again the
> number of supported languages which is now 41. The supported languages

s/supported/released/g

> are Asturian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Calalan (Valencia AVL), Catalan
> (Valencia RACV), Czech, Danish, German, Greek, English (GB + US),
> Spanish, Basque, Finnish, French, Scots Gaelic, Galician, Hebrew, Hindi,
> Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Khmer, Korean, Lithuanian, Norwegian
> Bokmal, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese Brazil, Russian, Slovak,
> Serbian Cyrillic, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese, Chinese
> (Simplified + Traditional).  ...

I count 40. But it should be 41, so one is missing probably. I can't
check which one now...

> Those interested in the source code can download it via the links on
> this page [3].

That page https://openoffice.apache.org/downloads.html is not updated
yet. To answer a question from you on this page: I would indeed
recommend to point all checksums to the archive, and significant files
(i.e., > 100 KBytes) to dist.

Regards,
   Andrea.