openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fwd: Time to propose a CS Capstone Project!
Date Sat, 09 Aug 2014 21:23:20 GMT
On 04/08/2014 jan i wrote:
> Is this something for us ?  I had a capstone project (build system for
> windows) last term, and had quite some fun with the students.

Since you were the only one to participate in the program so far, you
probably have some useful additional information.

For example (imagining that you had time instead) would you re-propose
the project about build system? Was it too complex, too isolated,
too...? I remember seeing some very welcome updates and wiki pages at
the beginning, then I lost track. Did some code get committed at the
end? Can you give an evaluation of your group of students (an overall
evaluation, without discussion about individuals), and also estimate the
effort required from you? With more information, maybe someone will show up.

> There should be enough projects within AOO to pick and choose from

If you have some ideas of possible projects this could help in
selecting. For example, a "Summer of code" project is for one student
for 2-3 months. Here, if I understand correctly, one can tackle much
bigger issues, and the expected workload is 2-4 students for 8 months,
so this could be an occasion to get significant contributions.

Regards,
   Andrea.