openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Build] Modifying oowintool
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2014 19:45:05 GMT
On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 08:52:06PM +0200, Michal Hriƈ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to compile OO on Windows, specifically 8.1.
>
> The problem is that Microsoft provides on the top page only Visual Studio
> 2013, and 2010. I'm using free Express edition.

[...]

> Any ideas ?

You must use Visual Studio 2008, search "Visual C++ 2008 Express
Edition" on the web and you'll find the links, the first link that I get
in the Google search is the web installer
http://download.microsoft.com/download/A/5/4/A54BADB6-9C3F-478D-8657-93B3FC9FE62D/vcsetup.exe

If you want to reproduce the build environment used for the releases,
you can use that Express Edition but you need to install the Windows
Driver SDK in order to get ATL, see
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Building_on_Windows#Build_requirements

Regards
--