openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: I want to benefit as a volunteer for the project open source and for a set of programming experience in C + + and the OpenOffice Basic.
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2014 08:31:44 GMT
Hi Dmitriy,

Dima Sidorenko schrieb:
> Hello!.
>
> I am a novice programmer in C + + and the OpenOffice Basic. I want to
> benefit as a volunteer for the project open source and for a set of
> programming experience in C + + and the OpenOffice Basic. I have experience
> programming in linux shell, and build programs from source in Linux, html,
> html5, shell programming in Windows. If the need arises, I can explore more
> programming languages​​. I hope that I could help with the programming, I
> can work as a volunteer for 8 hours a day.

welcome to our project. The core of OpenOffice is written in C++, so you
are right here. Do you have already an idea on which topic you want to
work? Is there a special bug you want to fix or a feature you need? Do
you take already a look at the code?

But independent of your special interests, the start is always the same;
you need to make an own build. Have you already tried that? You find
details in
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step

It sounds difficult first, but be sure, it is possible ;) I'm no
professional developer and I was able to get my build. Do not hesitate
to ask, we will surely help you. Only sometimes an answer will not be
immediately, because most of us are volunteers with a different daily job.

Our main communication channel for developers is the mailing list
dev@openoffice.apache.org. So you need to subscribe to the list.

Kind regards
Regina