openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject [UPDATE SERVICE] New landingpage for languages not included in AOO
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2014 21:42:56 GMT
Hi all,

some time ago Oliver told me that it would be great to have a landing
webpage for languages for that we have not (yet) a release but in the
past with OpenOffice.org.

To reach also these users an update service could be activated and
referred to this landing page.

To get the best out of this_

- Show the users that there is a new AOO version.

( - Maybe also a short text + link for more details that OpenOffice is
now part of Apache as it could be that this is not obvious for users
with such old versions.)

- Convince the users to download this new version even when their
language is not available.

- Gain new helpers for localization work. The user can help to bring
her/his language into AOO.

I volunteer to create such a webpage.

Marcus