openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Portuguese download broken
Date Sun, 22 Jun 2014 18:31:22 GMT
Am 06/22/2014 07:54 PM, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
> On 19/06/2014 Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>> I've looked again to Andrea's idea to outsource the JS creation of the
>> green box into a separate file and think now it's great with regard to
>> other NL webpages. Then only one file needs to be changed and it will
>> work for all - for all that have included the JS function call. ...
>
> Thanks! I created msg_prop_l10n_it.js and used the new "boxed download"
> to repair http://www.openoffice.org/it/download/ that is now looking
> much nicer and far easier to maintain hopefully.

yes, hopefully. Let's see what the "target audience" will say. ;-)

>>> [Kay] I think the right side of the page -- the additional items should
>>> be just be left intact as a block and let volunteers translate/change
>>> this as they see fit rather than construct it with javascript.
>> This increases the complexity for the translators. For the colored boxes
>> they have to translate just a JS file that contains all strings. But for
>> the nav bar it's needed to translate the content directly in the HTML
>> file? Hm.
>
> Here it is very good to have the different "boxes" available. For
> example, translators may want to use the right column for information
> about specific resources. In that case, they will hand-code that div
> instead of relying on the generated JavaScript. For the Italian download
> page we use custom links, and thus we build a custom div, no problem.

I've added all colored boxes, the nav bar and the little logo section to
the separate file (plus all the strings into the
"msg_prop_l10n_<ISO-code>.js") as separate functions.

Now you have the full freedom: Use it when it fits for the respective
webpage or translate yourself. :-)

Marcus