openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE][PLANNING]: possible date for AOO 4.1.1
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2014 07:25:51 GMT
On 19/06/14 03:55, Shenfeng Liu wrote:
> Hi, Juergen,

>> Hi,
>>
>> I am currently thinking about a possible release date for AOO 4.1.1 and
>> believe a date in August would be good. The main question is how long
>> the QA work will take?
>>

> I think August is a reasonable target date.
> I checked the testlink and found Yu Zhen already created AOO 4.1.1 test
> plan with test cases added.
>
> One question: when will we (or did we already?) create a 4.1.1 branch? I'm
> asking because not only we need to input a build in testlink before we can
> assign test cases to QA volunteers to start the test execution, but also it
> can not be formally counted as 4.1.1 testing if performed on trunk build.

We plan to work on the AOO410 branch and reuse it, we work a minor
bugfix release only. The released version are tagged and that's enough.

I will upload a first dev build today or tomorrow

> Thanks!
>

>> AOO 4.1.1 will be a bugfix release only with some additional translation
>> update and potentially new languages.
>>
>> A further point is if we make a Beta or not or work with RC candidates
>> only. Again it is a bugfix release only and every official release (and
>> a Beta is official) needs more effort. And when I try to reflect the
>> last Beta I don't think it was very successful. We had >300000 downloads
>> and thought we would receive the necessary and good feedback we need to
>> release a good version. AOO 4.1 is good but we have some serious issues
>> that were not detected during normal Qa and not during the Beta phase of
>> active Beta users.
>>

> I agree that Beta is not necessary for AOO 4.1.1.
>

>> Currently we have 26 issues with granted or requested showstopper flag.
>> Most of them are already fixed.
>>

> From QA perspective, the 4.1.1 testing can early start as soon as the 1st
> 4.1.1 build available. But we need to define a DCUT milestone, by which
> date, all the fixes are delivered to AOO 4.1.1 branch and no more patch
> will be accepted unless identified as blocking or 4.1.1 regression. Then we
> can run the regression test after the DCUT to cover all impacted areas.

we already in this mode and integrate only showstopper in the branch.

We can align this with the translation deadline and after this date we
can start or continue with the regression testing

Juergen