openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [DOWNLOAD][PROPOSAL] How to download another version than offered in the green box?
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2014 22:54:33 GMT
Am 06/04/2014 12:00 AM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
> On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 1:31 PM, Marcus (OOo)<marcus.mail@wtnet.de>  wrote:
>
>> I'm doing last fixes and updates. My feeling says the new webpage is
>> nearly finished and ready to go Live.
>>
>> Please have a look and test.
>>
>> I would like to use this as new default download webpage before the
>> weekend.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Marcus
>>

> Here's something odd --
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/download/test/index_droplist.html
>
> detects my OS correctly -- Linux 32
>
> this one:
> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/index_droplist.html
>
> thinks I'm Windows?

just a little error for the platform recognition (an "if" query was
missing {} brackets).

Thanks for the hint. It's now fixed and also my Firefox shows Linux again.

I don't always publish my changes at the end. But now the webpages on
staging and production are the same again.

> anyway. assuming things get corrected on this. Yes, definitely ready for
> prime-time I think.

Yeah! :-)

Good night & see you all tomorrow.

Marcus

>> Am 05/30/2014 12:03 AM, schrieb Marcus (OOo):
>>
>>   OK, here is another update:
>>>
>>> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/index_droplist.html
>>>
>>> What was updated?
>>>
>>> - Disabled the old green box for now. Put the focus to the new.
>>>
>>> - Using the $NL_LANG variable in "index.html" will pre-set a language
>>> instead of using the browser-guessed language.
>>>
>>> - Added hint text - directly below the headline - that the download
>>> comes from Sourceforge.
>>>
>>> - Added data for 4.0.1 and 4.0.0, so all 4.x versions are working.
>>>
>>> - The 2 links with icons got a cursor with "help" sign.
>>>
>>> - When choosing not fitting selections, this is shown to the user with a
>>> hint text what the alternative is.
>>> Then 2 download buttons got a cursor with "not allowed" sign.
>>> Examples:
>>> - Mac OS X 64-bit and AOO 4.0.1 or AOO 4.0.0
>>> - Mac OS X 32-bit and AOO 4.1.0
>>> - Hebrew and AOO 4.0.1
>>>
>>> - When browsing with an unsupported OS (that means, other than Windows,
>>> Linux and Mac) then the user gets a hint text that this is not
>>> supported and what to do as alternative.
>>> Then 2 download buttons got a cursor with "not allowed" sign.
>>>

>>> What is next?
>>>
>>> - Do we want to offer AOO 3.4.1 as last stable 3.x release?
>>>
>>> - Updating the "Full vs. Langpack" text in separate window.
>>>
>>> - Updating the "analyze.html" webpage to use it as "broken link
>>> reporting tool".
>>>
>>> - Separate code and strings.
>>> Then it will be easier to use the same download webpage on all
>>> localized websites, get the same look&  feel everywhere but with the
>>> freedom to translate the text.
>>>

>>> Testing:
>>>
>>> - Testing via Browsershots.org is somewhat challenging. Often the
>>> requests are expiring before the screenshots are ready.
>>>
>>> And still no IE available. :-(
>>>
>>> But it looks good so far on Windows, Linux and Mac with Firefox,
>>> Chrome, Opera and Safari.
>>>
>>> Do you still have some more suggestions?
>>>
>>> Thanks :-)
>>>
>>> Marcus

But the