openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Reporting a problem with the OpenOffice website
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2014 07:14:58 GMT
On Tue, 17 Jun 2014 16:28:12 +0930
<hansel.meyer@bigpond.com> wrote:

> Dear persons,
>
> I can not open up the program to change anything.
> The problem is not being able to open up my documents after saving them.
>    Most time it saves as Adobe Reader X1
> Can you please put some light on the problem for me please so I can open the documents
please.
> I want to  put some things on to a usb stick so I can  free up,some space on my PC.
>
> Regards Susan Meyer.

If OpenOffice refuses to open, start TaskManager (Ctrl Shift Esc) and kill all soffice processes
shown on TM's Processes tab.
In /File /Save As, you should select (from File type dropdown) to save as ODF text document
.odt), and ensure that "Automatic file name extension" is checked.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>