openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Herbert Duerr <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: buildbot success in ASF Buildbot on openoffice-linux64-nightly
Date Fri, 16 May 2014 09:10:58 GMT
On 15.05.2014 07:54, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 08:42:12AM +0000, buildbot@apache.org wrote:
>> Hi! , The openoffice-linux64-nightly builder has just completed a run
>>
>> STATUS: Success
>>  [...]
>
> This last mail was from a month ago, aren't the build bots sending this
> notification any longer?

There were no changes in the openoffice buildbot script at that time,
but it seems the buildbot instance was updated from 0.8.6 to 0.8.8. And
the cms-build notifications were moved to another file, but that was a
while later.

Other asf-buildbot projects use a similiar MailNotifier setup and their
mailing works fine. The only major differences between them us and them
are that they don't use the "messageFormatter" option and they set the
MailNotifier mode to "change" instead of AOO's "all".

So the main suspect is AOO's custom messageFormatter. Maybe it throws an
exception that is internally caught by the buildbot software? Since we
don't have access (AFAIK) to the buildbot's stderr output we have to
guess. In revision 908989 I disabled our custom messageFormatter for
now. Let's see how if we can narrow down the problem in this way.

Herbert