openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Barton ...@tasit.net>
Subject Re: Reporting a problem with the OpenOffice website
Date Tue, 13 May 2014 15:28:35 GMT
Joan Learmonth wrote:
> Hi,
> I am having a problem with Open Office 4.01.
> I am busy creating a 2015 calendar using the spread sheet, when I go to the Header and
type in the month say January this goes across the whole twelve months, go to February and
repeat the process it changes everything to February. I have spent hours looking on line how
to resolve this and nothing has worked.
> Last year before the upgrade it worked........so this is very frustrating, can you email
a solution to this problem?

> I look forward to your reply,
> Regards,
> Joan Learmonth

Hi Joan,

What you describe sounds like you are modifying an existing sheet and
you may have moved/removed one or more rows, which in turn has moved the
month cells (what you call "The Header") into a row that is a merge of a
number of cells in that row. Try this:

  * Click inside the (header) month cell (eg. January).
  * From Calc's main menu select the "/Format -> Merge Cells -> Merge
    and Center Cells/" option.

If my guess is correct, you will then have removed the "merge" and
reinstated the 12 individual cells.

Hope this helps.

Dave