openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CODE][DISCUSS]: new option to enable ODF 1.2 encryption AES-256
Date Sat, 03 May 2014 14:07:24 GMT
On 30/04/2014 J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:
> for AOO 3.4 we had already discussed and later on reverted a change to
> enable the ODF Document encryption AES-256 by default.
> Some time ago I played with a new option field to allow the user to
> enable this option as new default, see [1] ...
> [1] http://people.apache.org/~jsc/test/encryption_aes256_odf12.png

This seems a good change, so long as we keep the checkbox disabled by
default in a new (or updated) OpenOffice installation, as it seems from
your description.

What error will older versions give? Will they be able to detect the
unsupported encryption algorithm and give a meaningful error message or
will they simply consider it a malformed document?

Regards,
   Andrea.