openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Quote requested-Open Office 3
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2014 22:38:12 GMT

On 15 Apr  2014, at 18:21, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:

> On 14/04/2014 Rob Weir wrote:
>>> https://www.openoffice.org/faq.html
>> There is also these FAQ's on the wiki:
>> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/FAQ
>> Why do we have two places for FAQs?   I'm sure there was a good reason once...
>
> Back at the time only a few people had write access to the website. So it was easier
to maintain stuff on the wiki, since everybody could contribute there. The FAQ page on openoffice.org
has a nice URL but it's totally outdated (the latest changes were done by me, but just to
add an "outdated" notice for people who came from search engines).

> Ideally, the FAQ section on the wiki should be reviewed, even though it's already much
better than the one on the site, and then maybe moved to the site.

> Regards,
>  Andrea.

Exactly. We were incrementally moving to the wikis overall, but there was some corporate resistance,
as the copyrights obtaining for the wikis seemed less clear than the proper (official) website.

But it did make for some duplication and confusion, also revolution. :-)

louis