openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From David Gerard <dger...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Anything we can do about premature redistribution?
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2014 22:33:59 GMT
On 7 March 2014 22:30, Andrew Rist <andrew.rist@oracle.com> wrote:

>    "It is derived from the IBM Lotus Symphony suite of applications..."
>    - not correct

https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/merging_lotus_symphony_allegro_moderato
suggests this is not an unfair statement. Indeed, just rebasing on the
Symphony code was seriously considered.

>    "Ever since the Oracle Corporation acquired the Sun Microsystems
>    company, work on Apache OpenOffice ceased, and various developers
>    who worked on the project decided to create a new project, named
>    LibreOffice." - neither correct nor pertinent

That's ridiculously wrong, to the point of warranting formal messages
of correction from both projects.

In general, I would suggest asking nicely as the very first approach,
when the beta is in fact approved and ready.

- d.