openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Anything we can do about premature redistribution?
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2014 20:43:27 GMT
Am 03/29/2014 09:36 PM, schrieb Roberto Galoppini:

>>> Do you see a chance to get this implemented? I think it could help to
>>> stop some bad websites to do bad things with our software.
>>>

>> @Roberto:
>> Maybe you haven't seen this up to now.
>>

> Thanks for heads up Marcus, sorry for not having noticed this thread before.
>

>> It would be great if you can tell us if it's possible to exclude some
>> domains / IP addresses from downloading our software?
>>

> I need the domain list and I'll check out with our SiteOps if that's
> doable. Feel free to send me a list with a direct message.

- chip.de
- computerbase.de
- softpedia.com

This would be the domains from this thread that could be blocked from
downloading from Sourceforge. Obviously needs to be extended in the
future. Remember, the next will happen with the AOO 4.1.0 RC. ;-)

*Of course*, this is just for the time frame as long as the new version
is not officially announced. As soon as the release is public, the block
will be removed.

@all:
I think this could help to limit the downloadability like we want to see
until the official release. What you think?

Marcus