openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DOCUMENTATION] better installation guide - issue 124343 and issue 124400
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2014 16:35:05 GMT

On 03/12/2014 04:30 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Rainer recently noticed that our installation guides needs improvement -
> see issues 124343 and 124400.
> I am volunteering to take corresponding actions. But I need support and
> feedback - I am neither a web designer nor a technical writer
>

> Issue 124343:
> This is about the visibility of the headings.
> My suggestion here is to make the font used for the headings (all
> levels) bold. Thus, I would like to propose to change our corresponding
> CSS [1].
>
> Please provide feedback regarding my suggestion.
> Does it makes sense to make more or less all headings on our website bold?
> Are there alternatives to improve the visibility of heading?
> Should we make all heading italic or larger?
>

> Issue 124400:
> I will prepare the corresponding changes and I will ask for feedback
> once the changes are on the staging server.
> Thanks in advance for your review and feedback.
>

> [1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/site/trunk/content/css/ooo.css
>

> Best regards, Oliver.

Rainer has a point. I remember at one time that "h3" (probably the main
concern here) used to display as described in styles.css

h3.subSection{font-style:italic;text-transform:uppercase;font-size:1.3em;font-weight:bold;}

I'm not sure what's changed to produce what's happening now.

"css/ooo.css" is the default supplied by Apache CMS but our local style
sheets, also brought in, should override this. (And, yes, they are a bit
of a mess!)

Well I can help with this but I'm not what the processing order is now.