openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [RELEASE][PROPOSAL]: annoncement
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2014 10:31:03 GMT
Am 03/10/2014 10:29 AM, schrieb Jürgen Schmidt:
> Hi,
>
> I started to prepare the release announcement
>
> #####
> The Apache OpenOffice project is pleased to announce the immediate
> availability of OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta  You can download it from our
> website [1].
>
> The 4.1.0 Beta update includes many bug fixes as well as new
> translations: Bulgarian, Danish, Hindi, Norwegian Bokmål and Thai.
>
> Highlight of this new version is the integrated iAccessible2 support
> that is a huge milestone to support users with disabilities better on
> the windows platform.

I find this interesting to note, too:

- In-place editing of input fields

The user can now modify the content of an input field directly in the
document's text area - no additional pop-up dialogs are needed.

- Load/import of 3D charts improved

A performance problem with documents that contains big 3D charts while
containing 100x100x5 vertical 3D data boxes) could not be imported at
all. It can now be loaded in seconds.

- Improved graphic modifications/filters for vector graphics

When applying modifications and/or filters to graphic objects the change
was often applied by internally changing the vector graphic (SVG or
metafile) to a pixel-based variant. This makes the advantages of vector
graphics vanish and often results in bad output quality for print and
PDF export. Now all usages of vector data in graphic objects are equally
improved for this aspect and in the future.

- Changed OS X support to 64-bit (OS X 10.7 and newer)

To guarantee a continuous but also better support of the OS X platform,
a switch to 64-bit was necessary. However due to deprecated libraries
this means also that OS X versions older than 10.7 cannot be supported
anymore.

@Herbert: I hope it's not too bad explained. Please change as you see
fit. ;-)

(BTW: This is not yet in the release notes [2])

My 2 ct

Marcus