openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [RELEASE]: final release preparation
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2014 10:03:05 GMT
Am 03/10/2014 09:40 AM, schrieb J├╝rgen Schmidt:
> Hi,
>
> release vote on the RC for AOO 4.1 Beta passed successful and we can
> continue with the final release preparation, announcement.
>
> What things are left?
>
> 1. download option for the Beta via our download page. Default should be
> still the 4.0.1. But the Beta should be at least available as optional
> download.
>
> Where are we we with this, what is the current status and when can we
> expect to have it available?

I'm nearly ready. When you can tell me the full path to the binaries on
Sourceforge, then I will test what I've done so far.
When I'm ready I'll update the download webpage.

Please write me the path as PM.

> 2. official release announcement
> Official release announcment via the announce mailing list and
> additionally a blog post + references on the social media.
>

> On the way to the final:
>
> 1. continuing the verification of fixed issues and general testing
> 2. taking care of potential showstopper and fix it immediately
>
> Anything else?

3. As Oliver already mentioned but to state it also here, adjust the
update notifications.

Marcus