openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Απόστολος Συρόπουλος <asyropoulos...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: OO 4.01 Compiled for Solaris 11 x86 Save As Stuck in a Loop
Date Sat, 15 Feb 2014 16:46:45 GMT
strange because I can save files which are correct files. In my case the problem is that the
system complains that it cannot save while it actually does. Also I can open and save doc
files but I cannot open XML-based files.

A.S.

> From: raymond.steele@lmco.com
> To: api@openoffice.apache.org; dev@openoffice.apache.org
> CC: awf.aoo@gmail.com; hdu@apache.org; david.k.meffe@lmco.com
> Subject: OO 4.01 Compiled for Solaris 11 x86 Save As Stuck in a Loop
> Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 22:06:33 +0000
>
> We are attempting to use the newly build OpenOffice 4.0.1 for Solaris 11 x86, but  the
'Save As' to disk of any document type (i.e. .ods) continuous to prompt for a file name.
Each time we hit okay to save the document after supplying a unique name, the FilePicker closes,
but instantly reappears again.

> I have narrowed  it down to the following code located in sfx2/source/doc/guisaveas.cxx
lines 1497-1520

> The program gets stuck in the while loop below.  The variable 'bExit' is never set to
sal_True, so the loop continuous. I provide a name to the FilePicker interface, click Save
and the loop continuous, redisplaying the dialog. To resolve the issue, I added bExit = sal_True
after line 1513 so that the loop discontinuous. I am not sure if this will have effects in
other situations, maybe someone can provide some feedback, but for now. I am able to save.

> sal_Bool bExit = sal_False;
> 1497       while ( !bExit )
> 1498       {
> 1499       bUseFilterOptions = aModelData.OutputFileDialog( nStoreMode, aFilterProps,
bSetStandardName, aSuggestedName, bPreselectPassword, aSuggestedDir, nDialog, sStandardDir,
aBlackList );
> 1500
> 1501       // in case the dialog is opend a second time the folder should be the same
as before, not what was handed over by parameters
> 1502       aSuggestedDir = ::rtl::OUString();
> 1503       if ( nStoreMode == SAVEAS_REQUESTED )
> 1504       {
> 1505       // in case of saving check filter for possible alien warning
> 1506       ::rtl::OUString aSelFilterName = aModelData.GetMediaDescr().getUnpackedValueOrDefault(
> 1507       aFilterNameString,
> 1508       ::rtl::OUString() );
> 1509       sal_Int8 nStatusFilterSave = aModelData.CheckFilter( aSelFilterName );
> 1510       if ( nStatusFilterSave == STATUS_SAVEAS_STANDARDNAME ) These are equal during
runtime
> 1511       {
> 1512       // switch to best filter
> 1513       bSetStandardName = sal_True;     bSetStandardName is set to sal_True here,
but bExit is not, so the loop continuous. Setting bExit following this line allows the program
to save.