openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RELEASE]: refined AOO 4.1 beta schedule
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2014 18:12:49 GMT
On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 1:04 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 8:11 AM, jan i <jani@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On 27 February 2014 16:58, Vladislav Stevanovic <
>> stevanovicvladislav@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Is it too late for update Serbian language?
>> > Wlada

>> just for my understanding, dont we need to vote on the beta as well as the
>> release. We send the beta out to general public, that would normally
>> require a vote (might be a fast one).
>>
>> rgds
>> jan I.
>>

> I think this is covered on actually, hopefully, releasing the beta on the
> 10th. In the past we've required a min of 72 hours for a vote, so this
> would be cutting things a bit close I guess...but not by much from previous
> scenarios.

> The RC requires an additional vote, right?

The process for a beta is the same as the process for any other kind
of release.  The "beta" label doesn't change the process.  The Release
Manager declares a Release Candidate, posts it to his
people.apache.org account and sends out a release ballot of at least
72-hours.   The PMC reviews the Release Candidate, paying special
attention to the legal and policy items, the NOTICE, LICENSE, etc.  If
there is a majority of at least three +1 votes then the RC is approved
and it is released as AOO 4.1 beta.

After the beta we'll need to do the same process again for the
ultimate 4.1 release, making a RC, voting, etc.

-Rob