openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Steele, Raymond" <raymond.ste...@lmco.com>
Subject RE: EXTERNAL: Re: dmake clean
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2014 15:03:35 GMT
Yes, we have made many local modifications. Gladly, we had the backup. Couldn't a check be
placed in the make file to ensure $INPATH  is set?

-----Original Message-----
From: Kay Schenk [mailto:kay.schenk@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 4:49 PM
To: OOo Apache
Subject: EXTERNAL: Re: dmake clean

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 3:01 PM, Steele, Raymond <raymond.steele@lmco.com>wrote:

> I see in the Makefile:
>
> clean .PHONY
>
>                 -rm -rf */$(INPATH)
>                 -rm -rf solver/*/$(INPATH)
>
> I am going to make an assumption that I performed the dmake clean and
> $INPATH was not set, therefore  rm -rf */ was performed????

Hello Raymond --

Yes, an incredibly annoying thing and one I have experienced as well.

 If you "source" your env script and THEN do "dmake clean", only the bits generated toward
the native build will disappear. The clean script does a MUCH bigger remove if you don't do
that first. The first time this happened to me, I freaked a bit, but as I hadn't made any
local mods, an svn update got everything back.

 It's good that you had a backup since I'm assuming you made local mods that you wanted to
keep.  The build doc needs a bit of updating to help others avoid this pitfall.

Happy coding!

MzK

"Cats do not have to be shown how to have a good time,  for they are unfailing ingenious in
that respect."
                                       -- James Mason