openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OO 4.01 Compiled for Solaris 11 x86 Save As Stuck in a Loop
Date Sun, 16 Feb 2014 18:01:09 GMT

On 02/15/2014 08:46 AM, Απόστολος Συρόπουλος wrote:
> strange because I can save files which are correct files. In my case the problem is that
the system complains that it cannot save while it actually does. Also I can open and save
doc files but I cannot open XML-based files.

> A.S.
>
>> From: raymond.steele@lmco.com
>> To: api@openoffice.apache.org; dev@openoffice.apache.org
>> CC: awf.aoo@gmail.com; hdu@apache.org; david.k.meffe@lmco.com
>> Subject: OO 4.01 Compiled for Solaris 11 x86 Save As Stuck in a Loop
>> Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 22:06:33 +0000
>>
>> We are attempting to use the newly build OpenOffice 4.0.1 for Solaris 11 x86, but
 the 'Save As' to disk of any document type (i.e. .ods) continuous to prompt for a file name.
 Each time we hit okay to save the document after supplying a unique name, the FilePicker
closes, but instantly reappears again.

>> I have narrowed  it down to the following code located in sfx2/source/doc/guisaveas.cxx
lines 1497-1520

>> The program gets stuck in the while loop below.  The variable 'bExit' is never set
to sal_True, so the loop continuous. I provide a name to the FilePicker interface, click Save
and the loop continuous, redisplaying the dialog. To resolve the issue, I added bExit = sal_True
after line 1513 so that the loop discontinuous. I am not sure if this will have effects in
other situations, maybe someone can provide some feedback, but for now. I am able to save.

>> sal_Bool bExit = sal_False;
>> 1497       while ( !bExit )
>> 1498       {
>> 1499       bUseFilterOptions = aModelData.OutputFileDialog( nStoreMode, aFilterProps,
bSetStandardName, aSuggestedName, bPreselectPassword, aSuggestedDir, nDialog, sStandardDir,
aBlackList );
>> 1500
>> 1501       // in case the dialog is opend a second time the folder should be the
same as before, not what was handed over by parameters
>> 1502       aSuggestedDir = ::rtl::OUString();
>> 1503       if ( nStoreMode == SAVEAS_REQUESTED )
>> 1504       {
>> 1505       // in case of saving check filter for possible alien warning
>> 1506       ::rtl::OUString aSelFilterName = aModelData.GetMediaDescr().getUnpackedValueOrDefault(
>> 1507       aFilterNameString,
>> 1508       ::rtl::OUString() );
>> 1509       sal_Int8 nStatusFilterSave = aModelData.CheckFilter( aSelFilterName );
>> 1510       if ( nStatusFilterSave == STATUS_SAVEAS_STANDARDNAME ) These are equal
during runtime
>> 1511       {
>> 1512       // switch to best filter
>> 1513       bSetStandardName = sal_True;     bSetStandardName is set to sal_True here,
but bExit is not, so the loop continuous. Setting bExit following this line allows the program
to save.
>> ++++++bExit = salTrue;
>> 1514       }
>> 1515       else if ( nStatusFilterSave == STATUS_SAVE )
>> 1516       {
>> 1517       // user confirmed alien filter or "good" filter is used
>> 1518       bExit = sal_True;
>> 1519       }
>> 1520       }
>> 1521       else
>> 1522       bExit = sal_True;
>> 1523       }
>>

>> Raymond Steele
>> U-2 Mission Planning
>> Software Engineer Sr
>> Lockheed Martin - IS&GS Defense
>> 1300 S. Litchfield Rd.
>> Goodyear, AZ 85338
>> Email: raymond.steele@lmco.com
>> Business phone:  623-925-6402

I don't know if either of you has had a look at the bugs for Writer.
There are a number of them dealing with Save issues. It would be very
helpful if you could augment an existing issue with your findings.

See search:
https://issues.apache.org/ooo/buglist.cgi?component=save-export&product=Writer&query_format=advanced&resolution=---