openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tajik spell check
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2014 21:47:52 GMT
Soliev Odil wrote:
> We already use Hanspell dictionary for spell cheking in Ms
> Office and OpenOfficeOrg which has 68686 roots and 3925 postfixes.
> We are interested include our research in latest distribution of openoffice
> system. Can we cooperate with you in this field?

Sure! If you package your dictionary as a .oxt file you can upload it to
the official OpenOffice Extensions repository at
http://extensions.openoffice.org/

> What should we do in cooperation?

http://www.openoffice.org/lingucomponent/dictionary.html should cover
all you need to package an extension.

> How get GNU GPL licence for our works?

GPL is OK for dictionaries (while we require Apache License 2, the
OpenOffice license, for other contributions, such as translations). See
all details at the link above.

If you want to help with the Tajik version of OpenOffice too, we do have
a partial translation available (for internal reference: it is at
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/trunk/extras/l10n/source/tg/ );
please read https://openoffice.apache.org/translate.html and contact us
on the l10n list in case.

Regards,