openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer <awf....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solaris GCC or Sun Studio?
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2014 12:07:29 GMT
On 07.02.2014 11:32, Απόστολος Συρόπουλος wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As far it regards Solaris,I have noticed that the building scripts of OpenOffice
> assume that one is building with Sun Studio. This compiler is a bit outdated
> and of course GCC is available for most platforms. Since LibreOffice has
> removed support for Sun Studio, I guess it would be a goof idea to remove
> support for Sun Studio. It adds complexity without reason. For example,
> I tried to compile a module and it failed just because it assumed that
> I was using Sun Studio.

Today that would be Oracle Solaris Studio, current version seems to be
12.3.

There is no buildbot for the Solaris version of OpenOffice and it is not
tested.  So, in a sense, we have already dropped support for Solaris
:-)  But there are others on this list that are currently doing a
Solaris build.  Anybody still using  Sun|Oracle Studio?

By the way, is clang also available on Solaris?

-Andre