openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Install error on nightly Windows build (r1560073)
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2014 16:56:34 GMT
On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 11:39 AM, Herbert Duerr <hdu@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>

> On 22.01.2014 17:29, Rob Weir wrote:
>>
>> Installing on a clean Windows 7 64-bit image.
>>
>> I get an error when configuring Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable
>>
>> "Error 1935 An error occured during the installation of assembly
>> 'policy.9.0.Microsoft.VC90.CRT,version="9.0.30729.6161....
>> HRESULT:0x800736B3"
>>
>> Anyone else seeing this?
>

> Apparently, as there is a knowledgebase article for that [1]. They recommend
> to run a tool [2] to fix it.

This is odd, since this is a fresh VM image of Windows 7, with no
other applications ever installed.  Only Windows and Windows updates.
So it would be odd for there to be registry corruption.  Unless it
came from Windows updates...

Do you know if we used the same version of the  MSVCRT package with 4.0.1?

-Rob