openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Appreciation from a LibreOffice user on the addition of IAccessible2 support
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2014 18:15:19 GMT
Hi David,

I noticed your note on the LibreOffice mailing mailing list:

http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/accessibility/msg00589.html

Since no one mentioned this on the LO mailing list, I wanted to point
out that the A11Y improvements came from the Apache OpenOffice
project.  LibreOffice takes the code and merges it in with their
product.

I'm cc'ing the OpenOffice dev mailing list so they can read your
message and your thanks.

Of course, I'm happy to see this code used by OpenOffice users as well
as LibreOffice users.  My only hope is that the LibreOffice developers
will start contributing back to OpenOffice any bug fixes that they
make in this area, a common courtesy in most every other open source
project.   It would be great if we could work together in this area to
better serve the community and advance our shared interest in reducing
the digital divide.

It would be wonderful as well, if you find any reproducible bugs in
this area, that you let us at Apache know as well.

Regards,

Rob Weir, Apache OpenOffice