openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Pico <garyp...@eastlink.ca>
Subject Reporting a problem with the OpenOffice website
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2014 00:31:38 GMT
Hello,

I just wanted to let you know that I downloaded a version of OpenOffice from openoffice.us.com
to my computer and to my wife's laptop.  Both of these computers were then "infected" with
a trojan web browser highjack program that forced us to use search.findwide.com as a default
search engine and kept filling the web pages with popups.  It has taken a few hours to get
this mess cleaned up and the extra programs uninstalled.  We have since installed the correct
version from the official site and everything seems to be fine.  I only wish I could get my
hands on the bastards at openoffice.us.com.

Gary Pico
Chester, Nova Scotia