openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Little improvements from the first Web Satisfaction Survey (sent to @dev)
Date Sun, 19 Jan 2014 11:31:24 GMT
Am 01/19/2014 10:34 AM, schrieb Rory O'Farrell:
> On Sun, 19 Jan 2014 10:17:32 +0100
> Andrea Pescetti<pescetti@apache.org>  wrote:
>
>> Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>>> I've read through the results of the Web Satisfaction Survey that Rob
>>> has started (the first one went only to the subscribers of dev@, as kind
>>> of beta test, right?).  From this I made some improvements
>>
>> They look nice in general! Not sure about dropping "Mac" from "Mac OS
>> X", but if we are confident that Mac users (oops, OS X users!) won't be
>> confused it's OK for me.

OK, let's see. It would be easy to revert the change.

> I agree with Andrea's point about the Mac. Perhaps either meave (Mac) in brackets, or
say "OS X.Y.Z as used on Macs" (or equivalent wording).

As the current build is working with several OS X versions, IMHO it is
not helpful to make here a limitation to a single version.

> It is my experience on the Forum that Mac users frequently have limited analytical thinking
(present company excepted, of course!) so I advise against total removal of the term Mac.

Technical oriented people excluded, too, of course.

Marcus