openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Hagar Delest <hagar.del...@laposte.net>
Subject Re: Open Office
Date Sat, 11 Jan 2014 22:01:16 GMT
Le 11/01/2014 22:51, Dave Dewick a écrit :
> I would like to thank you for providing Open Office. Last July I was on holiday abroad
and intending to do some writing but found that Microsoft Office Starter would no longer work
no matter what I tried. I remembered from years ago that there was something called Open Office
so, sick of Microsoft products, I looked it up and downloaded it using a nearby wireless internet
connection. Wow! I was back writing and, more importantly, still had access to all my Word
files. I hadn't lost a single thing but had gained software that not only worked but was easier
to use. I've since stuck with Open Office and recommended it to others. Many thanks to all
who provide this service.
> Dave

Remember that the .doc format is a proprietary format that was reverse engineered.
If you use Apache OpenOffice, better use its native format (ODF). It is a true open format
(ISO certified).
And you can export to PDF when others have to read your files.

Hagar