openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Reporting a problem with the OpenOffice website
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2014 09:49:27 GMT
On Fri, 10 Jan 2014 04:31:59 -0500 (EST)
RPJACKMAN@aol.com wrote:

> I started an Apache Open Office app at 2:30 AM on 1-9-2014
> Upon starting a window came up INSTALL CONVERTER INSTALLATION
> "You're a few steps away from getting the Install Converter.
> A download percentage bar shows for each part being downloaded.
>
> It is now 4:26 AM on 1/10/2014 and part number 5080 just downloaded and
> it's
> still continuing to download part after part.  OVER 24 hours  later.
>
> I have high speed internet and I can't understand what's taking so long.
>
> There is no provision to stop the download, abort the download, cancel the
> down load.
>
> It's a new computer with Windows 8. I'm using Mozilla Firefox to down  load.
>
> Need to know if I'm got a problem going on here. There was no indication
> that it
> would go on like this.

I suggest you remove this version from your computer as soon as may be. Best then to run indepth
Virus and Malware scans.

Download only from
www.openoffice.org/download, which will redirect you to SourceForge servers. On those downloads
you will find no intrusive add-ons. The file you download should be one file of about 135-150MB
(depending on platform).

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>