openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Arthur Buijs <art...@artietee.nl>
Subject Re: German community needs a second mailing list for effective working
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2013 09:32:34 GMT
+1

 From the Netherlands.

Regards,
Arthur

RA Stehmann schreef op 11-12-2013 9:44:
> +1
>
> It's not only Open Rhein Ruhr, but also FOSDEM (Brussels), Chemnitzer
> Linuxtage (Chemnitz, Saxonia), FrOSCon (St.Augustin - near Bonn) and
> T-Dose (Eindhoven) we participate.
>
> Regards
> Michael (Stehmann)
>
> On 11.12.2013 09:22, Jörg Schmidt wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> The members of the German community would like to approach you with our wish to install
a second mailing list (dev-de@openoffice.apache.org) moderated by Jörg, Raphael und Michael
(Stehmann).

>> The purpose of this separate list would be to distinguish general user questions
from specific discussions among the project members and so avoid the ensuing confusion.

>> Our needs for internal communication are growing by the day. E.g. when it comes to
coordinating our participation in fairs. We strongly believe that this kind of public activity
is very useful in order to popularize AOO and win over new collaborators as well as new user
groups. Recent examples are:

>> http://openrheinruhr.de/aussteller.html (Mechtilde und Michael (Stehmann))
>> http://www.linuxday.at/ (Raphael und Detlef)
>>
>> A further reason for our request is the increase in mail traffic, from around 50
posts monthly only a year ago to almost 250 posts at present.