openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: A crazy Idea: Using Apache Wave in AOO
Date Sat, 28 Dec 2013 10:28:56 GMT
Raphael Bircher wrote:
> One realy interesting project is Apache Wave. It is a protocol for real
> time communication and collaboration.

Wave (when it was Google Wave) had some nice features at the time. I
don't know how it compares to the current collaboration options and I
haven't followed development at Apache.

> But take a look yourself.
> http://192.168.1.55:9898/

Can you provide a public URL/IP?

> How much it would take to connect Apache OpenOffice with a Wave Server
> and allow real time collaboration?

I thought you were proposing it as a community tool (i.e., a way for us
to, say, draft a proposal together before bringing it to the mailing
lists). This would be a "not so crazy" idea. Integrating it with
OpenOffice seems much more complex.

Regards,
   Andrea.