openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: EN forum: change of admin mailbox (and some thoughts)
Date Mon, 23 Dec 2013 20:04:33 GMT
Hagar Delest wrote:
> Le 23/12/2013 17:32, jan i a écrit :
>> I have no idea
>> where the "lazy consensus" on sysadms goes. I am afraid we end in the
>> same situation as last, lazy consensus == yes, but the people involved
>> (vm-team) have not responded positively.
> Well, in this case, I guess we have to be proactive. If we wait after
> the Christmas and New Year break, I propose that your proposal ([LAZY
> CONSENSUS] maintenance of ooo-wiki2-vm.a.o and ooo-forums.a.o) gets
> adopted by lazy consensus if no one objects.

This is why it is named "lazy consensus"! No need to invoke lazy
consensus on lazy consensus... If nobody objects to the proposal by 2
January, the proposal passes. This is simply how it works.

Jan's concern was over the fact that he names other people in his
proposal (me included) as part of the team. If these people do not
explicitly agree by 2 January, it is unfair to put them in the team,
even though they will be welcome to join at any later moment.

But I would find it stupid to drop the entire proposal if this happens.
Even if only 2-3 people from the proposed team of 4 give an explicit
approval, we need to start with those or we'll never move forward. And,
immediately after starting, I would call for other members to complete
the team.

Regards,
   Andrea.