openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Rony G. Flatscher (Apache)" <r...@apache.org>
Subject How to distinguish whether a 32 or 64 bit AOO is installed on systems that may host both bitnesses ? (Re: switch trunk from Mac 32bit to 64bit
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2013 16:44:07 GMT
Congratulations for allowing AOO be compiled in 64 bit for the MacOSX!

Is or will be there a possiblity to find out which version of AOO is installed, the 32 or
the 64 bit
version?

There is at least one (mine ;) ) third party extension that may try to add an extension to
AOO. As
the app can only be installed in either 32 or 64 bit, the extension support for AOO should
only be
installed, if bitnesses between both match. So on operating systems where AOO can be installed
either as 32 or as 64 bit it would be necessary to figure out (in a platform independent way)
what
bitness the installed AOO carries.

As unoinfo seems to not carry the bitness information, is there another (portable, platform
independent) way to find out what bitness the installed AOO has?

TIA,

---rony

P.S.: Expecting that after all PCs migrated from 32 to 64 bit, that then the migration to
128 will
start, such that this remains an interesting piece of information for the times to come.

On 19.12.2013 17:29, Herbert Duerr wrote:
> The new Mac port looks quite good. I uploaded a current version to my page [1]. J├╝rgen
already
> mentioned it will only work for OSX 10.7 and up. It is based on todays trunk, which already
> contains a lot of fixes and enhancements compared to our latest release. For details
you can have
> a look at our progress tracking page [2].
>
> [1] http://people.apache.org/~hdu/
> [2] http://people.apache.org/~hdu/izlist9.htm
>
> In the early days of next year I plan to update our trunk so the new port becomes active.
To build