openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: German community needs a second mailing list for effective working
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2013 20:58:18 GMT
Rob Weir wrote:
> There is no "German
> project".  There is the AOO project, and there is a subset of people
> interested in German language conferences, the German portion of the
> website, etc.  The way to limit the confusion is to give a clear
> description on the webpage where we list the native language mailing
> lists: http://openoffice.apache.org/native-lang.html

I've just updated that page to make sure that progetto-it is clearly
described as the mailing list for project-related discussions in
Italian, which is what it is meant for ("Italian project mailing list"
sounded ambiguous in light of the above).

> So long as the description on the website is clear, I don't care if
> you call it superwunderbarplus@openoffice.apache.org

Sure, me neither. When the usual 72 hours have passed (tomorrow morning
Europe time), Joerg please feel free to open a JIRA issue like
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4512 (you may need to create
a JIRA account) and any name respecting the convention
NAME-de@openoffice.apache.org is fine, so dev-de is OK especially if it
is a name the German community is used to; project-de and other variants
are equally OK.

Regards,
   Andrea.