openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Herbert Duerr <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: EXTERNAL: Re: Building comphelper
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2013 08:24:56 GMT
Hi David,
Hi Raymond,

On 12.12.2013 22:54, Steele, Raymond wrote:
> Raymond and I have made a lot of progress with the build of the Open Office Software
on Solaris 11. We are now trying to compile the VCL module, but have found a problem that
we hope you might be able to provide some insight on.

I'm very glad to hear that you already made it to VCL. It looks as if
the compiler/STL problems are solved now in your AOO-dev environment.

> The build stopped in vcl while compiling /vcl/unx/generic/app/saldisp.cxx. The error
was XkbKeycodeToKeysym must have a prototype, so I searched the system for the function and
found it in <X11/XKBlib.h>. I added the header file into the saldisp.cxx file in the
include area and continued the build, to which it no longer showed up as an error.

Investigating this problem suggests that the preprocessor-condition in
line 42 of main/tools/inc/tools/prex.h may need to be updated for newer
Solaris platforms.

I'm not sure whether this condition is still needed at all. It looks
like a check to allow older platforms to run, but if all interesting
unix targets like Linux and FreeBSD (and now Solaris?) don't need that
condition for backward compatibility any any longer then that condition
should be removed.

> However, the build stopped again, this time in compiling /vcl/unx/generic/dtrans/X11_selection.cxx.
I added the same header file into the include area thinking that it would resolve the problem
as the previous one had, but instead the compiler throws different errors depending on placement
of where the <X11/KBlib.h> appears.

> If it appears at the bottom of the list of included headers it claims the Time and Window
types in the XKBlib.h file are incomplete types, but if the included XKBlib.h header is included
in the middle of the list, the compiler states that Typename was expected instead of "Time"
in the XKBLib.h header.

The prex.h and post.x headers in main/tools/inc/tools/ do funny things
to make the declarations from the X11 headers appear under a different
name...

Adjusting line 42 of main/tools/inc/tools/prex.h may solve this problem too.

> Raymond and I are both somewhat hesitant to start messing with the X11 header files on
the system.

I certainly agree with that!

> We see that the header <sys/time.h> is included in the file X11_selection.cxx.
Do you have any advice for something we might try to continue with the build process?

Adjusting the line suggested above may solve this and many other problems.

Good luck!

Herbert