openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AOO and Ohloh stats
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2013 14:56:59 GMT

On 03-Dec-2013, at 09:14, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 3:36 PM, Louis Suárez-Potts
> <lsuarezpotts@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 2 December 2013 13:24, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Of course, this is not to blame Ohloh.  The fault is not in their
>>> service.  The fault lies with those who take such numbers and do false
>>> comparisons.  This is intellectually dishonest and I think we should
>>> point this out wherever we see it.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> -Rob
>>
>> Rob, would you object if I quoted your post in toto on my blog,
>> ooo-speak.blogspot.com?
>
> No objection.
>
> I'm also thinking of fortifying this page, where we link to the Ohloh stats:
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/stats/
>
> We should probably be more specific with the caveats there.

Yes. Though of course no amount of caveats nor any quantity of clarifications will remove
the need of constantly reminding people.

What I would further like to do is reach out to my journalist contacts of yore and a) point
them to your excellent blogs and others', too; elucidate that AOO is not OOo and that we are
an expanding community of contributors and users.

I would of course not represent myself as any kind of community manager (let alone leader)
here; Andrea's the chosen one, thankfully! :-) And you, Rob, do a terrific job of community
engagement.

Cheers,
louis