openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Herbert Duerr <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Compile Openoffice/pyuno with UCS-4 support
Date Sat, 09 Nov 2013 09:05:17 GMT
Hi Marcin,

Marcin Tustin wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> When openoffice builds python and pyuno, it builds with UCS-2 support,
> which is the default for python. HOWEVER, python as shipped by fedora is
> built with UCS-4 support. I'd like to be able to use the various pyuno bits
> with my system python, and so I'd like to get it compiled with UCS-4
> support.
>
> Unfortunately, having unzipped the source tarball, I can't even see a
> python source tree to hack manually. Any pointers on how to do this would
> be much appreciated.

After the configure step some external tarballs (such as python) are
downloaded during the "bootstrap" step. When building AOO these tarballs
get unpacked, eventually patched, compiled and "delivered". The case you
are interested in is in the main/python module.

You'll find the unpacked and patched python source code be in
	main/python/*/misc/build/Python-2.7.5
The python module interacts mostly with the main/pyuno module. Once you
changed main/python to build with UCS4 the pyuno module probably needs
similar adjustments.

More details on how to work with these external source tarballs is
available in [1].

[1]
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Build_Environment_Effort/External_source_tarballs

Hope this helps!