openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org Portable - programosy
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2013 19:16:10 GMT
Donald Whytock wrote:
>>> http://www.programosy.pl/program,openoffice-portable.html
> If it's truly a port of AOO, perhaps it deserves mention on another page?

It's enough to open the link. It says "OpenOffice.org Portable 3.2.0";
so they gave an "award" to this old (very old!), insecure version. But I
definitely wouldn't link to their award page. For sure, we prefer to
advertise a newer, maintained, up-to-date version (see below) in any case.

>   Whatever happened to the third-party page?

It's still there at http://www.openoffice.org/porting/ ; recent
additions include the OpenOffice Android port and the Ubuntu repository
with installation instructions (with captions in Portuguese; if someone
wants to make an English version...).

Regards,
   Andrea.