openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Draft blog post: 75 Million Downloads of Apache OpenOffice
Date Sun, 03 Nov 2013 14:53:20 GMT
Ricardo Berlasso wrote:
> 2013/11/3 Vladislav Stevanovic<stevanovicvladislav@gmail.com>
>> I want to change AOO site in Serbian, to put this news about 75
>> millions downloads. Because I am know committer, what is now
>> different  for me? I mean, what way I can use now to change
>> (translate) AOO site on Serbian language?
> You have access to the Apache CMS system, as described here:
> http://openoffice.apache.org/docs/edit-cms.html
> If you do not have experience on html, try the "Browser-based editing
> workflow" based on the JavaScript bookmarklet described there.

This won't work if you want to change the headline, but indeed it's very
helpful to know how to use it. Did you already choose a password at
https://id.apache.org/ ? If not, follow the "reset your password" procedure.

The bookmarklet will ask for your Apache ID ("wlada") and your password.
Submit your change, then you can "Publish" the site.
Please try with something very simple first, like adding a comma or
changing a word in the text, so you learn how it works.

To change the main headline, you need to do something more complex. The
file to edit is this one:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/content/sr-latn/brand.mdtext?view=markup
You are welcome to do so yourself, if you setup an SVN client, but I
don't know if you are already familiar with it and what system you use.
What you need is an "SVN Client" that you will use to "checkout" the URL
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/content/sr-latn
; then you will edit the brand.mdtext file with any text editor and
"commit" it back using your Apache ID and password. A popular beginner's
choice for SVN clients under Windows is
http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads.html

Regards,
   Andrea.